Tuesday, February 21, 2017
MINDWORK: let's find likes and dislikes by tracing back their causal series
1. 3 foods you hate, dislike, or love,
2. 3 genres of music you hate, dislike or love,
3. 3 movies you hate, dislike or love,
4. 3 individuals you hate, dislike, or love,
5. your actual major (why not your second choice of major),
6. your present boyfriend & your previous boyfriend,
next, find in each case try to put together a tentative series, think of what triggered the series and how did it become a behavioral disposition. you may have to go back to your infancy (ages 4-8), look for events, picture your parents or family members, or a teacher, or a friend or admired peer, whether they play as reward or aversives,
remember for the determinist, no disposition happens on its own. it must have a cause, we only have to find it!
for you foodies or chocolate or avocado haters, we've talked about this in class already (scroll down the oxford academic article.