1. transitions of similarity: (use these when moving from thesis to a second thesis paragraph)
in the same way,
(just as ... so too),
2. transitions of contrast: (use this when moving from thesis to counter)
in spite of,
on the one hand ... on the other hand,
on the contrary,
despite the previous argument...
3. transitions of example: (use this when you want to show something, in the same sentence or in the next, or the next paragraph)
4. transitions of cause and effect: (this looks like a conclusion of a previous argument)
5. transitions of evidence: (you use this transitions to further show more evidence)
6. transitions of summary or conclusion: (any time you want to announce a conclusive point)
in a word,
in the end,
in the final
on the whole,
if you move from a Thesis -Counter or Counter-Thesis you need transitions of contrast.
if you are giving more reasons for Thesis or Counter in the following paragraph you need transitions of evidence.