Thursday, March 17, 2011

How are you doing in my class?

There are ways to know how you're doing in my class. You could go by the average from our two tests so far: (q means quizz, mt = midterm)

Cq---Dmt = C-*
Cq---Cmt = C
Cq---Bmt = C+ or B-
Two B's is a B+
Bq---Amt = A-
Aq---Bmt = B+

If you have a D, your chances of getting a B depend of your commitment to change course, which is something I've been talking about in my lectures.You can add a little more to it if you have posted regularly. If your attendance is good it also helps. By the way , you know how you are attendance-wise because I'm always addressing attendance as I take it (some of you have been dropped and reinstated). I've said that having more than 3 unjustified absences may have an impact on your final grade.

To the oft-asked question "can I get an A in this course?" I always say, "You can," but you have to do it, that is, you have to make the commitment to change a habit.